OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player
After the success of previous series -BDP-103-, OPPO now launched their new generation of high standard Blu-ray player, OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player. This series come with up-to-the-second features – 4K upscaling, 2D-to-3D conversion, and a high-quality USB 2.0 digital-to-analog converter. But what really makes the OPPO special is the sound. It is because most of the 17-pound component’s chassis space is devoted to the audio circuitry.
The OPPO BDP-105 features an all-new analog audio stage powered by two ESS Sabre32 Reference Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC), balanced (XLR) & unbalanced (RCA) dedicated stereo outputs, a Toroidal linear power supply, and asynchronous USB DAC input. These high-grade components are housed in a rigidly constructed metal chassis and work together to deliver exceptionally detailed and accurate sound quality along with reference quality video.
OPPO 105 Product Features
- 4K Up-scaling - Enhance the home theater experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p by up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution.
- 2D to 3D Conversion – Take your standard DVD, Blu-ray, and other video content to the next dimension by converting them into 3D with the simple press of a button.
- Dual HDMI Inputs – Connect external devices such as set-top boxes and network streaming devices to take further advantage of the excellent audio and video processing functions by the BDP-105.
- Headphone Amplifier – For a more intimate listening experience, a pair of headphones can be connected directly to the BDP-105’s built-in headphone amplifiers.
- USB Asynchronous DAC – By bypassing the low fidelity, poor quality DAC of traditional computer soundcards, the BDP-105 turn any computer into a high performing multi-media source by converting digital audio to analog through the ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC. If your computer can play it, the BDP-105 can convert it to analog.
- Coaxial/Optical Inputs – For additional convenience and flexibility, the BDP-105 can convert digital signals from cable and satellite boxes, televisions, video-game consoles and other digital transports with coaxial and optical digital outputs to analog.
- DMP & DMR - Digital Media Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR) features enable wired or wireless access of audio, picture, and video files stored on DLNA-compatible digital media servers such as a computer or network storage device (NAS).
- Fanless Architecture – The BDP-105 is passively cooled, allowing it to run both cool and quiet without the need for internal or external fans.
- Rigid Chassis Construction - Built around a steel chassis, aluminum faceplate, and center-mounted disc loader, the BDP-105 is designed to impress as well as to provide a stable base for the highest quality reproduction of your favorite media.
High Fidelity Audio Performance:
- 7.1-Channel Analog Output - The BDP-105 delivers an incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience. Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal for connecting to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system.
- SABRE32 Reference Audio DAC - The DAC is one of the most important components for digital audio playback. The BDP-105 uses two ES9018 DAC chips – one for the 7.1-channel output, and another for the dedicated stereo output. With the ESS patented 32-bit Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference DAC delivers an unprecedented DNR (Dynamic Range) of up to 135dB and THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion plus Noise) of -120dB, the industry’s highest performance level that will satisfy even the most demanding audio enthusiast.
- Dolby® TrueHD - The OPPO 105 supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported.
- DTS-HD Master Audio™ - The BDP-105 supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)
- Toroidal Power Supply - The BDP-105′s toroidal linear power supply provides a very clean and robust power source to the critical audio components. A toroidal power transformer offers superior power efficiency and much lower exterior magnetic fields over traditional laminated steel core transformers.
- Dedicated Stereo Output with XLR Balanced Connectors - The BDP-105 features a dedicated 2-channel analog output with specially optimized ES9018 DAC and output driving stages. The stereo output offers both XLR balanced and RCA single-ended connectors. By transmitting a pair of differential signals, the balanced output provides better common-mode noise rejection and improves signal quality.
Diversified Media Support:
- Blu-ray Disc - The high definition Blu-ray Disc™ format provides pristine video and audio quality for your home entertainment.
- Blu-ray 3D – Experience high definition in all new dimensions. The BDP-105 supports the Blu-ray 3D specifications and is fully compatible with Blu-ray 3D discs1.
- DVD-Audio - The OPPO 105 plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
- Netflix Instant Streaming - Instantly watch TV shows & movies streaming from Netflix2. Netflix “Just For Kids” is a special selection of kid-friendly TV episodes & movies for younger viewers. It is included with your Netflix unlimited streaming membership. Selected titles support features including 1080p video, 5.1ch audio, subtitles and alternative audio languages.
- Pandora Internet Radio - Personalized music streaming using the Music Genome Project, staying true to their mission: “Playing only the music you’ll love”5.
- VUDU HD Movie Streaming - Stream thousands of movies instantly the day-and-date they are released on DVD/Blu-ray in stunning 1080p video, rich 7.1 surround audio and even in 3D3.
- CinemaNow - Instantly stream the latest new release movies and Next Day TV episodes, plus a library of thousands of blockbuster hits4.
- Rhapsody Online Music - Meet your new music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. This is more than just internet radio. This is the power to play exactly the songs you want.6
- Comprehensive Internet Streaming - In addition to Netflix, VUDU, CinemaNow, Pandora and Rhapsody, the BDP-105 provides access to popular entertainment network services from Film Fresh, YouTube Leanback and Picasa.
- BD-Live & BonusVIEW - The BDP-105 supports BD-Live™ (Profile 2.0) and contains all necessary hardware – audio/video decoder, Ethernet and wireless networking, and 1GB of internal storage – for BD-Live. It also supports BonusVIEW (Profile 1.1) enabling “picture-in-picture” and audio features for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movie is playing.
- SACD - The BDP-105 plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to output the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) signal in its native format or convert it to PCM.
- Additional Disc & Media Formats - Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the BDP-105. The BDP-105 fully supports high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC music formats.
OPPO BDP-105 REVIEW and SPECIFICATIONS
|Disc Types*||BD-Video, Blu-ray 3D, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE|
|BD Profile||BD-ROM Version 2.5 Profile 5 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)|
|Internal Storage||1GB (Actual space available for persistent storage varies due to system usage)|
|Output||Analog Audio: 7.1ch, 5.1ch, stereo.
Dedicated Stereo Analog Audio: XLR balanced, RCA single-ended.
Coaxial/Optical Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS, up to 2ch/192kHz PCM.
HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS-HD Master Audio, up to 7.1ch/192kHz PCM, up to 5.1ch DSD.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/4Kx2K, 3D frame-packing
|Input||HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, AAC, up to 5.1ch/192kHz or 7.1ch/96kHz PCM.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
MHL Audio: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, up to 5.1ch/192kHz PCM.
MHL Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing
USB Audio: up to 2ch/192kHz PCM.
Coaxial/Optical Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS, AAC, up to 2ch/96kHz PCM.
|Analog Audio Characteristics**||Frequency Response: (RCA) 20Hz – 20kHz: ± 0.2dB, 20Hz – 96kHz: -1.5dB. (XLR) 20Hz –
20kHz: ± 0.3dB, 20Hz 96kHz: -1.5dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >130dB (A-weighted, auto-mute), >115dB (A-weighted, no auto-mute)
THD+N: <0.0003% or -110dB (1kHz at 48k/24b, 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF), <0.0017% or -96dB
(1kHz at 44.1k/16b, 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
Output Level: 2.1 Vrms (RCA) or 4.2 Vrms (XLR) at 0dBFS
Dynamic Range: >110dB
Channel Separation: >110dB
|Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz: ±0.3dB into 300 Ω
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >98dB into 300 Ω (A-weighted, no auto-mute)
THD+N: <0.001% or -100dB into 300 Ω (1kHz at 48k/24b, 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
Output Power (per channel): 17mW into 600 Ω, 34mW into 300 Ω, 63mW into 150 Ω, 77mW into 120 Ω, 120mW into 60 Ω, 187mW into 32 Ω (1kHz at 0dBFS)
Dynamic Range: >110dB
Channel separation: >90dB
|General Specification||Power Supply: ~115V/230V, 50/60Hz AC
Power Consumption: 55W (Standby: 0.5W in Energy Efficient Mode)
Dimensions: 16.8 x 12.2 x 4.8 inches (430mm x 311mm x 123mm)
Mass: 17.3 lbs (7.9kg)
|Operating Temperature||41°F – 95°F
5°C – 35°C
|Operating Humidity||15% – 75%
|Parts & Labor Warranty||2 Years|